Slow rebound refers to the ability of a material to deform slowly. After being deformed by an external force, it will slowly return to its original shape. In another word, the material has the characteristics of both viscosity and elasticity, absorbs the impact kinetic energy, and can be used repeatedly without permanent deformation.Because the material with obvious slow resilience performance is represented by (Memory Foam), the slow resilience is often referred to as memory foam.
Memory sponge refers to a polyether polyurethane foam sponge with slow rebound mechanical properties. It is a special sponge. In 1966, NASA's Ames Research Center scientists Chiharu Kubokawa and Stanstal Aerospace Engineering Corporation ( Stencel Aero Engineering Corporation) Charles A. Yost co-invented a memory foam that can cushion more than 10 times the pressure, called memory foam. The common name is MEMORY FOAM, and memory foam is its literal translation. It is also called slow rebound sponge, space zero pressure, aerospace cotton, TEMPUR material, low rebound material, viscoelastic sponge, etc.
The Ames Research Center authorized a European company in the 1990s to develop and introduce civilian use twice, first in medicine, and later in household products.
When you press on the flat surface of the memory foam with your hand, a fingerprint will appear and then slowly disappear. This is the iconic effect of memory foam-"slow rebound". It is difficult for other materials to imitate the slow rebound speed.
The memory foam has a soft hand feel. When you hold the memory foam with your hand, you will feel the palm of your hand is constantly emptied, like an hourglass, there is no tension coming out, and the pinch time is long and not too tired, when lying on the memory foam cushion When people feel the gradual sedimentation process, it is like falling into a quagmire, and hearing the subtle sound of the continuous flow of gas in the memory sponge.
(1) Leading performance in terms of absorbing impact, reducing vibration, and releasing low rebound force, it is a cushioning material that protects the body of the astronaut when the space capsule is landing, and is the best material for packaging valuable instruments.
(2) Provide uniform surface pressure distribution, adapt to the externally compressed surface shape through stress relaxation, so that the highest point pressure is reduced to the lowest point, so as to avoid the location of micro-circulation compression.
(3) Chemical properties such as stable molecules, no toxic side effects, no allergies, no volatile irritating substances, and good flame retardant effects when in contact with the human body.
(4) Permeable cell structure, without perforation, guarantees the air permeability and moisture absorption required by human skin, and has proper heat preservation performance, it feels warmer in winter, and it is obviously cooler than ordinary sponge in summer.
(5) It has antibacterial, anti-mite and anti-corrosion properties, strong adsorption capacity, and maintains the cleanliness of the outside, it is generally in contact with the human body and can be used for a long time without washing or disinfection.
(6) It is more durable and the performance is maintained for a long time, it can be shaped as needed, it can be made according to the required hardness, rebound speed, and density to meet the needs of products for different purposes, the human body is very comfortable in contact.
Due to the difficulty of production and the high cost, the main application of memory foam is to protect the human body. For example, in the extremely high-speed aerospace and aviation fields, it exerts its super ability to absorb kinetic energy and shock, in a static environment, such as sleep, sitting, etc. Its deformation is required to balance the surface contact pressure that bears the weight and maintain the blood circulation of soft tissues.